Many people experience dental anxiety and fear in San Jose, California, and our team at AZ Dental recognizes that every patient’s situation is different. When you visit our practice, our dentists, Drs. Aulakh, Patel, and Hashemi will listen to your dental concerns and work with you to find a solution that works. We want to make sure that your dental care remains as safe and comfortable as possible. If you get worried or anxious about your dental care, we welcome you to contact us at 408-295-1100 to schedule your appointment and discuss your concerns with us.
Dental fear and anxiety is a common occurrence, and patients should not be embarrassed about expressing their concerns with our dentists. We want to make sure that your visits are pleasant and comfortable, and we want to help replace negative or fearful feelings with positive ones. There are many ways that our dentists may recommend to help you feel more relaxed. Some of these solutions include:
- Talk to your dentist: contrary to what some may think, our dentists cannot read your mind. If you experience dental fears or anxiety, share your concerns with our dentists. We are not here to judge our patients, but to find solutions and provide trustworthy care.
- Listen to music: headphones can help block the sounds that are often associated with a dental office. Listening to music you enjoy can also help put you at ease and distract you from your treatment.
- Agree on a signal: our dentists are not out to cause pain, and it is important to establish a “stop” signal that both the dentist and you will recognize.
- Use throat spray: if you have a sensitive gag reflex, two to three sprits of throat spray can help relax your gag reflex and make your treatment more comfortable.
- Take a mirror: if your fear comes from not being able to see what our dentist is doing, bring a mirror to your appointment. Watching your procedure can help you stay focused on reality.
- Sedation: if no other relaxation method works, our dentists offer several sedation options. From mild to more moderate sedation, our dentists are trained to safely administer sedatives during your treatment.
- Ask about alternatives: advanced dental technology is a great way to perform both traditional and complex procedures with more care and comfort. Ask about what advanced technology we have to make your treatment more pain-free.
In addition to these relaxation methods, our dentists are happy to help find what works for you. We know that each patient is different, and we want to help you feel at ease during your treatment. Please feel free to contact our office today and discuss your concerns with us.